Find Nursing Scholarships and Grants for LPN Program
The Scholarships are the monetary help provided to the meritorious students who are not able to pay their fees. The Scholarships for LPN programs are backed by the Nursing schools and are not required to be repaid. The scholarships cover part of the LPN schools cost or the complete tuition fees which mainly depends on the terms and conditions. The LPN scholarship programs may vary from one nursing school to another. The scholarships are usually offered by the private or non-government organisations, churches, companies, religious groups, and individuals.
The students are advised to be careful before applying for any attractive scholarship offer online. Some of the offers have been found fraudulent and they charge some money against granting scholarship. Students must contact their College for assistance in this regard and avoid falling prey. Students must research in advanced regarding the agency offering scholarship. They must never share their bank account information or credit or debit card information with any person. The entities that offer the LPN scholarship and grants get too many applications every year and they choose very few that stand out and fulfill their requirements completely. The applicants are required to send an essay stating why you choose to become an LPN. The essay that turns out to be the best and correct in all respects have a high chance of acceptance. The scholarships obey a serious deadline and the application received after the deadlines aren't entertained. The scholarships for LPN to RN students depend ov various measures. The LPNs must apply at earliest to get positive response from the authorities.
The availability of LPN to RN scholarships and grants can ease out the financial burden of the students. Almost all the colleges offer financial aid to the students on the basis of merit. The scholarship is a good way to pay the fee for an LPN program and students are not required to pay it back like the loans. While applying for the scholarships, the candidates need to be careful as there are many traps for the innocent individuals. Be aware of the scholarships that ask for social security number and credit card information. In order to qualify for the scholarship, the students are required to complete the application and submit it with an essay. The essay should explain why do you need the scholarship and why you are the most suitable candidate for it?
The government grants are being checked for every necessary details of the applicants. So, it is advisable to keep all the requirement up to date while applying fro scholarship through any government organization.
National LPN/LVN Scholarships
- Cherokee Presents: A nurse I am Scholarship
- Foundation of the National Students Nurses' Association
- National Black Nurses Association Scholarships Program
FAFSA refers to Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This form can be filled by the students annually to know their eligibility for the student aid. The application is free and can be applied by anyone. The student gets to know about the available LPN nursing scholarships in the college on submitting the form. The federal grants, work-study programs, and loans, scholarship for LPN program can be availed only after filling the form. There are 3 methods to avail the scholarship through FAFSA:
The online submitted FAFSA is processed within 3-5 working days. The processing of paper applications completes in 7-10 days. The candidates should submit the FAFSA before the deadline.
Prerequisites for Federal Student Aid
In order to be eligible for FAFSA application form, the candidates should fulfill the below-mentioned conditions:
- S/he must have completed high school or possess General Education Development (GED) certificate.
- The aspirants should not be in the default list related to a current loan.
- The applicants should not have a criminal record.
- You are supposed to have a satisfactory academic record.
- The candidates should have a valid Social Security Number. It is not mandatory for the residents of Palau, Marshall Island, and Micronesia.
- S/he should be enrolled in an LPN program.
- The applicant should have registered with Selective Service System during the age of 18-25.
- S/he should be a citizen of the U.S.
Completing FAFSA for LPN
These are the things that you will need while preparing for FAFSA.
- Social security number or alien registration number if you are not a citizen of the United States.
- Records and bank statements of recent investment.
- All documents related to untaxed income.
- Electronic Personal Identification Number (PIN)- It is a secret number that is used for identification, and with its help, one can electronically sign the FAFSA.
- If you are a dependent student, your parents will also have to furnish all the information mentioned above. The exception includes students over 23, military or veteran students, married students, and students possessing master's degree or Ph.D. Visit the official website of FAFSA for complete information.
The FAFSA form would ask the students to mention the name of their educational institution. If you are not sure that which college you are going to attend, write the name of at least ten institutions.
After Completing FAFSA
Once your application is processed, you will receive a notification through an email. It enables you to view the Student Aid Report (SAR) that gives you an idea of your eligibility for Federal Student Aid. The report also contains Expected Family Contribution (EFC) at the top of the first page, below the social security number. EFC is a number that helps determine the student aid eligibility and the financial award.
The document contains the information entered in the FAFSA form in brief. So, you can make corrections after verifying the information. To make corrections, log in to FAFSA website and click FAFSA corrections. Then, enter your Federal Student Aid Pin. The candidates will receive a revised SAR after the corrections are processed. The last page of the SAR contains the financial aid history. You can review the last page to know about the financial aid and loans received till date.
In the end, the candidates should cross-check with the schools for which s/he has applied. Once the form is completed, the information will be mailed to the universities and colleges mentioned by the students in the application. All the schools should then create and give the financial aid packages. These packages are sent to the students at the time of admission or sometimes, later on.
Student Aid Deadlines
It is very important that the FAFSA form is submitted before the deadline. The LPN Scholarship and grant is provided as per the merit list and the deadline is taken mandatory. Missing the deadline means losing the chance to get monetary help. Along with this, there are many other student aids offered by the state or colleges that should be applied before the deadline. The students can refer to the colleges' website for more details. It is recommended to the students not to wait for the deadlines and submit the application as soon as previous year's tax return is completed.
There are three types of deadline that the students should take care of:
- College Deadline
The deadline is stated by the college. Every school has a different deadline, but, generally, it occurs before the academic session starts.
- The State Deadline
The next deadline is imposed by the state. Many of the states have changed the deadline from January 1 to October 1 for the early launch of financial aid. Many states run on the policy of ‘first come first serve.' If your state's deadline is near, you should submit FAFSA at the earliest.
- The Federal Deadline
The last deadline is given by the FAFSA. Apply for the funds as soon as possible, as some federal aid programs have limited funds.
Top 10 LPN Scholarships and Grants for Students Pursuing Nursing Program
A nurse I am Scholarship
A nurse I am Scholarship is offered by the Cherokee group. The students who are enrolled in an accredited LPN/LVN, RN degree, or RN-to-BSN program are eligible for this scholarship aid. Only U.S. citizens can avail this scholarship. A Nurse I am offers $2,000 scholarship to help the aspiring nurses complete their education. Since its start, it has successfully provided 100 scholarships to nursing students worth $ 188,000. The scholarship can be availed by both undergraduate and graduate students. The applicants are required to write an essay after watching a 62-minute documentary. After watching the documentary named "A Nurse I Am" applicants are required to describe the role of nurses in the film and the positive aspect of the profession. The essay assignment comprises of question like "How will you ensure that you offer healthcare to people you care about a good healthcare experience?"
Prerequisites for the scholarship:
- Applicants must be accepted or enrolled in an accredited LPN/LVN, RN degree. The enrollment may be part-time or full-time.
- Applicants should be legal residents or U.S. citizens.
- Must submit an application along with the essay.
- The essay must be typed in Times New Roman font and double-spaced in 10 points.
- The left corner of the page should display separate lines for first and last name including contact number, e-mail address, and date.
- The word limit of the essay should be 750 words (approx.)
National Black Nurses Association Scholarships Program
The National Black Nurses Association (NBNA) Scholarships Program is committed to the excellence of education programs meant for nurses and health professionals. The association releases attractive scholarship for students annually. The scholarship funding allows the students to continue their education easily. The applicants are advised to read the application instructions carefully and submit all the documents along with the application. NBNA's scholarship amount ranges in between $1000 to $6000.
- Applicant must be a member of NBNA.
- Must be enrolled or accepted in a nursing program (LPN, LVN, BSN, Masters, and doctoral).
- Application to be done with at least one year remaining.
- Mandatory attachments with the application:
- Official Transcripts from the Nursing School
- Two pages essay
- Letter of recommendation (one from the nursing school and the other from the local chapter)
- Participation in nurse activities
- Involvement in the African American Community in awards, clippings, certificates, letters, news, etc.
The complete application with the supporting documents must be sent at [email protected]
After College-AACN Scholarship Fund
The students seeking a baccalaureate, master's or doctoral degree in nursing are supported by the AfterCollege-AACN Scholarship Fund. The entity gives importance to graduate students who eye to become nurse educator; students completing RN-to-BSN or RN-to-MSN program. The scholarship amount of $2,500 is awarded every quarter. The deadline for the application is March 31, June 30, September 30, December 31.
- Must be 18 years old and submitted an executed Legal Guardian consent and Release form
- Registered member of aftercollege.com
- Legal resident of the United States
- The applicants can choose the scholarship listed at http://www.aftercollege.com/scholarships/ (the "Application") and complete their AfterCollege profile at https://www.aftercollege.com/account/profile/edit.
ACLS Medical Training Scholarship Program
ACLS Medical Training is dedicated to improving the individual careers in paramedics, nursing, physician assistant, physicians, and nurse practitioners. The scholarship program grants $1,000 to the winner and the runner up gets a free pass to the ACLS Medical Training certification program. The applicants are required to write an essay between 600-1000 words on assisting someone in a life support situation or Describe how you have prepared to respond in an emergency situation.
- Submit essay in Microsoft word file (preferably doc or docx)
- Try not to make grammatical errors or typos as it may lead to rejection
- Submit the essay at [email protected]
- Keep the file name like this sample filename:Jsnow_UniversityofTexasatAustin
- Include your full name, the name of the school, type of program, email address, home address, telephone number with the mail.
- Any high school senior or college student is eligible to apply
- Preference is given to students currently enrolled in accredited nursing school or other health care school.
- Must not be related to any employee of ACLS Medical Training or employee of ACLS.
The Florida Nurses Foundation
The Florida Nurses Foundation was established in 1983 by members of the Florida Nurses Association. The foundation is dedicated to promote nursing and carry out the delivery of healthcare via advancement of research, practice, and education. The first grant was executed in 1986. Each year, funds are released for the registered nurses and students to pursue quality education in the field of healthcare. The FNF evolved with time and has always contributed in providing assistance to nurses. The applicants can visit their official website to download various scholarships and research grant applications.
Scholarship Application Process:
- Download the listed Application from and the Personal Identification Form.
- Scholarship Application Form
- Personal Identification Form
- Professional Reference Form
- The completed form is supposed to be sent at [email protected]. The necessary documents must be attached to the scholarship application. A checklist of the mandatory documents can be found on Page 3 of the Personal Identification Form. On the pages 4 and 5, the Statement of Need and Goals and Potential For Contribution can be found.
American Holistic Nurses Association Research Grant
The American Holistic Nurses Association Research Grant offers $5,000 to the AHNA members who are pursuing research in nursing. The applicants must be a member of AHNA for one year and submit a 5-page research proposal. The doctoral candidates can apply for this grant who will use the money for continuing their research. The receivers are required to submit a progress report annually along with a final report in order to maintain the membership with AHNA. The recipients are also encouraged to participate in the annual national AHNA conference. The subsequent conference is meant to showcase research findings that are a good piece to publish.
Prerequisites for AHNA Research Grant
- Cover letter including applicant member ID and expiration date, contact information
- Proposal organized as per the guidelines
- Proposal budget must be appropriate for AHNA funding i.e moderate
- With the AHNA application form enclose a letter from your Dissertation Committee Chair revealing that they have reviewed your application and approved the grant.
- The application must be sent to [email protected].
National Association of Directors of Nursing Administration in Long Term Care – Stephanie Carroll Memorial Scholarship
The scholarship has been established in the name of Stephanie Carroll, a valuable NADONA employee. The applicants must be enrolled in an accredited program who commits to opt for long term care or geriatrics. Nursing students in the undergraduate and graduate program are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Entrants are required to submit a short essay.
- Proof of acceptance in any nursing program from an accredited school.
- Applicant must be committed to at least two years of services after graduation.
- Applicant should include school related expenses with a total estimated cost.
- The essay must be written using 8.5 * 11 white paper and not less than 100 words. The essay topics shall be- Describe why you have opted to nurse as a career. Discuss what impact will your degree make in your nursing career. Describe your commitment to health care sector.
- The applicant will be awarded NADONA scholarship once a year.
- The scholarship is granted by PharMerica, Inc. with the collaboration of the National Association of Directors of Nursing Administration.
American Nurses Association Ethnic/Racial Minority Doctoral Fellowships
The American Nurses Association offers fellowships to the entrants pursuing a doctoral degree in Mental health or Psychiatric nursing. The applicants must hold a master's degree in mental health nursing or similar field. The fellowship program runs for three to five years seeking master's degree who are pursuing doctoral study (DNP, Ph.D., and BS to Ph.D.). The scholarship amount varies every year.
- Applicant must be a permanent citizen of America
- Must have completed master’s degree with 9 credits related to mental health/Psychiatric
- Must be enrolled in a doctoral program with an accredited nursing school.
- The application should be attached with mandatory documents such as recommendations, essay, CV, etc) which must demonstrate your commitment to the nursing career.
Applicant must provide evidence of certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center including any one of these:
- Adult Psychiatric – Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric – Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Adult Psychiatric – Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Child/Adolescent Psychiatric-Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Psychiatric – Mental Health Nursing
Along with the essay, entrants must submit an academic timeline for getting a certificate and the number of credit hours and list of courses.
American School Health Association School Nursing Scholarship
American School Health Association School Nursing Scholarship is offered to nursing professionals who are committed to safeguarding the health. The association is a multidisciplinary organization comprised of counselors, district administrators, school health coordinators, physical educators, health educators, nutritionists, counselors, dietitians, social workers, and school nurses. ASHA is dedicated to transforming all the schools into a hub where students thrive to excel and learn. Current ASHA members can apply for the scholarship. The scholarship amounts to $250 distributed among one undergraduate and one graduate student pursuing a program in any accredited nursing school. School health professionals who are employed in a PreK-12 setting as a health teacher, school counselor, social worker are also eligible for the scholarship application.
- Must be a current ASHA member. The form is required to send to Ashley Dowling, [email protected].
- The graduate student must be enrolled at an accredited institution for higher education or full-time undergraduate student or school health care professional employed with PreK-12 setting seeking licensure in health education, school counseling, school nursing or social work.
- Should have a minimum grade average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must have an established record of participation in school health such as volunteer service, leadership, and clubs.
- ASHA membership should be current
- Fill the Application form
- Present transcript
- A letter from employer indicating current position and responsibilities relates to school health or letter from a faculty member indicating current activities in school
- Double spaced statement on academic coursework and personal goals related to AHA's mission and the contribution of scholarship in transforming the schools
- Two letters of recommendation providing academic status, leadership skills, career commitment, and experience. One letter of recommendation should be from current ASHA member.